Big Opportunities in a Big City: Why You Should Consider Houston
Houston is the most populous city in all of Texas, with approximately 2.3 million residents. For dental practices, this means there are plenty of patients to go around. You won’t have to go head-to-head with one or two other dentists like you would in a small town. With so many people to service, it should be easy for you to build a strong base of patients.
Different Lifestyle Options
Due to Houston’s size, there are a variety of neighborhoods, each with different perks and lifestyles. You can live “in the Loop” — aka within Interstate 610, which circles the main city center — or “outside the Loop.” Neighborhoods within the Loop offer an urban lifestyle, including great dining, museums, and relatively walkable communities. Outside the Loop, neighborhoods are more suburban and family-friendly, with good schools and access to nature. Either way, you can find the perfect home for you and your practice.
Low Cost of Living
Compared to the rest of the country, living in Houston is fairly inexpensive. And within Texas, it falls below Dallas and Austin when it comes to cost of living. Although home prices have increased along with the rest of the U.S., they remain more affordable than the rest of the country with a median price of around $325,000 (compare that to Dallas’ $409,000).
Looking to purchase a dental practice in Houston? Browse our current listings and contact us to discuss your options!
What to Love About Houston
Top 5 Suburbs
- The Woodlands
- Sugar Land
Arts & Culture
- Museum of Fine Arts
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Children’s Museum Houston
- Houston Grand Opera
- Jones Hall Symphony Center
- The Hobby Center for Performing Arts
- Space Center Houston — The official visitor center of NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- Bayou Place — A relaxing entertainment complex is in the middle of Houston’s Theater District
- The Galleria — The most popular mall in the state and also its largest shopping center.
- Downtown Aquarium — An aquarium that is designed not just to display fish, but to be an underwater adventure
- Kemah Boardwalk — A 60-acre Texas Gulf Coast Theme park approximately 30 miles SE of Houston
Parks & Recreation
- Buffalo Bayou Park — A beautiful 160-acre green space running through the city, with the Buffalo Bayou as its centerpiece
- Memorial Park — Houston’s largest urban park, with jogging trails, tennis courts, playing fields, a golf course, fitness center, swimming pool, and mountain bike trails
- Sam Houston Park — Located in downtown Houston, dedicated to the buildings and culture of Houston’s past
- Evelyn’s Park — 5-acre park with a variety of flowers and flora that hosts food trucks, farmers markets, and fun events
Watson Brown Houston Services
Watson Brown provides a full range of dental transition services and solutions in Houston, including Houston dental practice sales and Houston dental practice appraisals. Our team will walk you through the process step by step and can tailor our services to meet your unique needs.