Of all the social media platforms, LinkedIn might offer the most benefits to professionals. With over 175 million users, LinkedIn is much more than a networking tool; it is an excellent resource for promoting your practice and expanding your business. Maintaining your LinkedIn account should be a central component of your marketing strategy, as it serves as a public reservoir of information about your practice that anyone on the internet can readily access.
At the basic membership level, LinkedIn is free, so there is no reason not to open an account. Besides individual member accounts, LinkedIn offers company profiles. These function as detailed overviews of your company’s services and allow you to showcase new products and special services. Your staff can then link their personal profiles to your practice’s page, giving you additional exposure through their network.
Here are a few tips to optimizing and using your LinkedIn profile:
- Create a vanity URL. This allows you to customize your LinkedIn profile URL using your practice’s name.
- Create a Profile Badge. You can use this badge on your practice’s website to promote your LinkedIn profile and expand your network.
- Search Optimize your Profile. Be sure to use relevant terms in your practice’s profile that will attract potential patients and professional partners.
- Attract Staff of an Associate. LinkedIn allows you to search for and recruit qualified staff and associates.
- Reach out to Professional Community. Tap into a network of professional advise by contacting attorneys, accountants and other dental professionals.
- Attract New Patients. Lure new patients by listing your credentials and special services.
- Gain Recommendations. Other LinkedIn users can recommend your services and promote you via their personal network.
- Stay in Touch. Stay connected to professional industry organizations, dental product manufacturers and groups.
LinkedIn is more than just another social media network. It presents doctors with a powerful tool to connect with industry organizations, qualified associates and potential patients. Be sure to invest time in polishing your practice’s profile.