After implementing the essential Facebook strategies outlined in Part 1, your biggest focus should be posting consistently. Your content should be informative and/or entertaining — you need to give people a reason to follow you!
- Updates on office equipment — Upload photos of new technology you’ve purchased.
- Pictures of company office events or outings — Users respond well to seeing others in personal or social situations, such as company parties.
- Tasteful “before and after” pictures of patient treatments — Document the success of your procedures with appropriate photographs.
- General dental hygiene tips — Offering free dental advice is a great way to generate interest in your practice.
- Information on products you endorse — Post overviews of products you recommend (toothbrushes, floss, rinses, etc.).
- Crowdsource ideas — When crafting posts, ask your staff for their input. They may identify good ways of engaging your audience that you have overlooked.
- Promotions and giveaways — Contests can be an excellent way of drawing new “Likes” and maintaining patient interest. Challenge your staff to devise creative, fun contests, and reward them for meeting a goal. Establish a target number of “likes,” perhaps 20, and offer a reward to the winning team or staff member who succeeds. You might take the staff out to a nice dinner, or give a single team member a gift certificate to a spa. Whatever reward system you chose, make sure that it incentivizes the entire staff to use their Facebook accounts to promote your practice. (See Facebook’s rules on Promotions on Pages, Groups, and Events.)
Remember: Before implementing a new marketing campaign, always check with the State Board of Dental Examiners to ensure that your promotional strategies are compliant with all applicable state laws, especially those relating to providing gifts or incentives to patients for referrals.